What is Family Access?
Oakview ElementarySchool provides this site to all parents and guardians who want to be moreinvolved with their child’s education. With the Family Access web portal,you can review your child’s progress with just a “point and click” from yourhome or office. This service is provided free from the Centralia School District and Oakview Elementary School.
Parents and guardians now have access to a variety of student information, such as attendance,schedules, food service balance and history, vaccinations, and student andfamily demographics. You can also view a calendar and messagecenter.
Your Family Accesspassword and user name will work for all active students who live in yourhousehold. Each guardian may have their own login and password.
As you use the system,please note:
- Computers accessing the Family Access web site should use Internet Explorer version 5.5 or newer for PC, Internet Explorer 5.1.7 or newer for Macintosh, Firefox, or Safari 1.2 for Macintosh. Cookies must be enabled. See System Requirements found on logon page. [http://family.centralia.wa-k12.net]
- Oakview Elementary School does not provide technical support for this service other than account management and passwords.
- For help with account management and passwords, please contact Heidi at Oakview Elementary School.
- Once you have logged in successfully, you can change your password, and /or email address. By maintaining your email address in Family Access, you will be able to retrieve forgotten login and password information and receive email notifications.
We welcome you to Family Access,and hope you will find this application an important part of your on going relationship with Oakview Elementary School.
Please follow the following steps to login to the program and view your student’s information.
- Go to the District’s website www.centralia.k12.wa.us
- Click on the pull down tab “Schools”
- Click on “Family Access” hyperlink
- This provides several links
i. The actual link to log into Family Access
Answers to frequentlyasked questions
Access to on line helpwith family access
- Click on “Skyward Family Access” hyperlink
Enteryour login and password
- These are not case sensitive
- Your login is the first 5 letters of your last name. If your last name is less than 5 characters you will need to use a space as filler. Then the first three letters of your first name. Again, use a space as filler if your first name is only two letters. You will also have 3 numbers. Both you and your spouse will use the same login. Example: huff ry 000
- Your password is a random grouping of letters and numbers provided to you by the school.
How do I get myusername and password for family access?
Contact Heidi at your student's school and she will give you a username and password. You can change your password by clicking on the account info in the upper right part of the window. You may also add or change your email.
What type ofinformation can I see with family access?
With family access, you can access most student information such as messages from teachers, schedule, attendance, health information, etc.
What is in each of thesections in family access?
- Student Information - Shows address, birthday, family contact information, etc.
- Message Center - Shows messages from teachers and gives parents ability to message teachers.
- Notes - Gives you the ability to leave notes.
- Attendance - Shows a calendar, with day’s absence.
- Schedule - Shows the current term schedule.
- Educational Milestones - Shows what standards or milestones the student has met to graduate.
- Test Scores - Shows test scores from the State Testing, and also SAT, ACT, etc.
- Fee Management - Not being updated in Skyward at this time.
- Reports Cards - Shows report cards from each grading period.
- Academic History - Shows academic history of prior classes taken and completed. This information will be updated throughout the year.
- E-mail Notification - Set preferences for receiving emails from the school.
- Health Information - Shows current shot records.
Login History - Shows the dates and times family access has been usedand what are