Electronic Communication with Families/Students Guidelines
- Virtual communications should begin with the family contact information.
- Only communicate through the following platforms – Zoom, Google Classroom, Google Hangouts, Blackboard, Skyward, employee’s District email, District phone (if using personal phone use *67 to block the number from the family’s caller ID). Use the District provided account for the Google platform communications.
- Do not share the link to video communications with anyone but the families and ask them not to share it with anyone else.
- If choosing to video conference with students give the family a designated time you’ll be doing that and advise them what you will be talking about.
- Respect a guardians request to opt-out of video communications and move forward with communicating on an alternate platform.
- Any communications in writing must be archived and should be treated like a FERPA protected document.
- All communication should be directly related to legitimate school business or the welfare of the student.
- Staff should not disclose personal information to students.
- Staff should be aware of the things in their background that can be seen by the people they are virtually communicating with.
- If staff hear or see something they have a concern about they should report that to their supervisor immediately.
Video recording tips
General video tips click here.
Lighting tips click here.
If you are interested in exploring the world of Google Meet (set up meetings for your class, PLC, etc.), please follow this link.
For the add on to Google Meet to get the grid view (equal to gallery view on zoom), please follow this link.
If you are interested in exploring the world of Google Classroom, please follow this link.
If you are interested in exploring the world of Google Forms, please follow this link.
If you are interested in exploring the world of Google Jamboard, please follow this link.
If you are interested in additional support with Google Slides, please follow this link.
If you are interested in additional support with Google Docs, please follow this link.
If you are interested in additional support with Google Sheets, please follow this link.
Follow this link to a video showing how to add the direct link of the district website to your teacher page.
ZOOM Security Steps
Please follow this link for important steps to keep your Zoom meetings secure.
Technology Department has been working with the District's phone system's support team, Ednetics, to figure out a way for you to make calls from your home devices and make it appear that it's coming from your desk. We now have a way to do it! Please fill out the form below and IT will notify you when your account has been ennabled for off-site access.
Once you've been enabled, please refer to the videos below to learn how to set it up and get going!
Installing Jabber on an Android Phone
Installing Jabber on an iPhone