Helpful Career Resource links...
- New Market Vocational Skills Center
- Students at FHS can also earn college credits, prepare for the workforce, and earn certificates and licenses. Ask Mr. Bowers about New Market.
- Washington Career Bridge
- Find the education and training you need to get the job you want. Explore careers, view current job trends, and find programs/training.
- Your source for career exploration, training, and jobs: explore careers, find training, job search, and find local help.
- WorkSource WA
- Explore careers and jobs in Washington state, get support with resumes and cover letters, try out the budget calculator, and lots more!
- Internship Programs
- This site is a data base of over 2,800 programs and 200,000 positions where students can locate internships and employers can list internship opportunities.
- College Board for HS Students
- The College Board connects students to college success and opportunity, helping them transition to college through programs and services in college readiness. This site also includes tons of information on SAT tests.
- College Board for Parents/Guardians
- This website is for parents, guardians, relatives, and other adults helping a student plan for college. Sign up to receive emails and texts with college info, advice, and reminders.
- Khan Academy
- Khan Academy offers PSAT and SAT test prep, tailored to your current level, also assists with subject matter study while in school.
- College Knowledge (WA College Access Network)
- Excellent resources and handouts for all HS students with questions regarding college and opportunities after high school.
- ACT test information
- Everything you need to know about the ACT test, including registration, test prep, scores and more!
- FAFSA (opens October 1) - all seniors must complete this at FHS.
- Need money for college? Complete the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form to apply for financial aid for college, career school, or graduate school.
- NCAA Clearinghouse
- Could you possibly play a sport in college? You need to be certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center to compete at an NCAA Division I or II school. Create a Certification Account and we'll guide you through the process.
- Running Start (CC)
- Centralia College's Running Start Program web page (an option for FHS juniors & seniors)
We would like to remind you that magic words such as hello, please, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, and thank you, all begin to be learned at home.
Home is also where they learn to be organized, to take good care of their belongings, and that it’s not ok to touch others.
Here at school, on the other hand, we teach language, math, history, geography, physics, sciences, and physical education.
We only reinforce the education that children receive at home from their parents.
We are a school of choice that caters to students in grades 11-12+ within the district, as well as its surrounding districts.
The mission is to provide students with options toward graduation and earning their high school diploma.
Non-discrimination language Centralia School District #401 complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. This holds true for all district employment and other opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district’s Title IX Officer Scott Chamberlain, email@example.com, or Civil Rights Coordinator Mark Davalos, firstname.lastname@example.org (Superintendent), or Section 504 Coordinator, Kate Pothier, email@example.com (Director Special Education). The Compliance Officers listed can be reached at 2320 Borst Avenue, Centralia, WA 98531-0610, (360) 330-7600.
- New Market Vocational Skills Center