Family Resource Advocates
Our district uses Title I funds to support a Family Resource Advocate at each Title I school.
The Family Resource Advocate acts as a liaison between the school district staff, families, and community to assist and encourage parent and community involvement in their students’ education. Although the Family Resource Advocate speaks and writes Spanish, s/he works with families from all cultures and backgrounds.
The role of the Family Resource Advocate is to:
Work toward developing good public relations with the parents, school, and community
Provide an enthusiastic and positive learning climate that promotes appropriate behavior and successful learning and progress
Interact positively with students, colleagues, parents, and patrons of the school district.
Promote appreciation for cultural and racial diversity among students
Here are some of the things that the Family Resource Advocate can do to help you:
- Translate for you in the school office or with your child’s teacher
- Help you understand school rules and policies
- Answer your questions (in person or by phone) about our school
- Arrange parent events to help you get to know other parents
- Help you understand requirements such as state testing and preparing for middle school, high school, and graduation
- Assist you with other similar things that may come up during the school year
Our Family Resource Advocates
Edison Elementary: Jessica Martinez
Fords Prairie: Maria Hughes
Jefferson Lincoln: Laura Martinez
Oakview & Washington: Zuleyma Perez
Oakview: 360-330-7638 email@example.com
Centralia Middle School: Claribel Alvarez-Ayala