Enrollment Services at Centralia High SchoolPlease call the Counseling Center at 360-330-7609 and talk to Rennee Minsch, counseling secretary, or Teresa Morley, registrar, to tell them of intent to enroll your student. We will provide an enrollment packet for you and your new student.
Counselors are available and ready to assist you when you are eligible for enrollment. A-G students will speak with Mr. Jim Parker, H-O with Mrs. Barbara Boone, and Ms. Deb Everley will work with P-Z students.
Prior to enrollment, students are required to provide:
- A transcript from the former school if your student is grade 10-12 (not required for students beginning grade 9)
- Immunization records (complete and up to date)
- A local Centralia School District living address
- A parent or guardian to help with the enrollment process.
The following are helpful, but not required:
- Former grades and transfer grades, including any guidance/discipline information
- A cumulative portfolio
- If participating in athletics, a fee and a completed medical physical is required
- Once the student is approved for enrollment, the student will visit the correct counselor and plan a course of study.
- If transportation is necessary, please call 360-330-7628 to arrange bus service.
- Free and reduced lunch forms are available in the counseling center. Income qualification guidelines are included in the form. If you qualify, please enroll in the free lunch program.
- Students will be required to know and understand their rights and responsibilities as listed in the student handbook. This includes dress codes, appeals, calendars of school activities, and much more.
- Lockers, pictures, ASB Cards, and classroom needs can be procured as soon as the student is enrolled.
- We offer many alternatives to a traditional high school setting, including Twin Cities Virtual Academy (our local online school), CAPS (our alternative high school setting) and many others. Please speak with your counselor regarding this.
Special Needs and Circumstances:
Students residing outside of the Centralia School District require district transfer paperwork from the sending district, must be signed and approved by the Centralia School District and have completed an approval process. Once the approval process is complete, the student will enroll with the normal enrollment procedures.
- If your students has an individualized education plan, has been in honors, advanced placement, gifted or advanced course work, English Language Learning, or has any other need, please indicate this at the time of enrollment, and we will provide you with the proper services.
- If you and your student need interpretive language help, please contact us and we can provide services.
Important Counseling Center Contact Information:
360-330-7609 (phone) 360-330-7616 (fax)